Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A great story...

Two weekends ago the West family went on our yearly Bear Lake trip. Shawn and Alisa were nice enough to bring their jet ski's for us to use. As we were waiting our turn to dock the ski's we were admiring the fancy boat behind us. It was brand new and had all the fixings... nice speakers, wake boards all hung up and a nice tower.
So we put the boys and the toys in the water and Alisa and I start to drive the car up the dock as the fancy boat heads on down to the water. All of a sudden we watch as the boat starts to SLIDE OFF THE TRAILER. The boat was stopped by the propeller smashing into the ground.
Alisa and I are shocked because we didn't want to boat to hit us and plus there were people inside the boat. I guess the people unhooked the rope at the front of the boat!!! HELLO... You would think if you had that nice of a boat you would know how to operate it! From what I remember there were 4 kids and 2 grandparents just relaxing in the boat as this all happened but everyone was safe.
Later we heard that it took a bunch of guys to lift the boat on the trailer enough to re-hook it and then they had to put the boat in the water to put it all the way back on. What a bummer day for that family!!
But we had a great time. Thanks Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Lisa Harradine said...

Hey I am so glad you found my blog. That is so sad about that boat. That would have been crazy to watch. You'll have to let me know when your dog has puppies that is so exciting, they will be so cute. I love your blog background and that picture of you and Cole it is sooo cute!

Shumway Adventures said...

Thanks for giving me Your blog Info! It'll be fun to catch up on things!! I can't believe this boat story! I Would freak if i saw that and especially if it happend to me!!-Cal