Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pig Abuse

I like sausage and bacon and all that good stuff but I think I'm turning to an animal activist! I keep hearing about all the abuse that is going on with the pigs used for Hormel and it's disguisting. I won't go into detail because it makes me sick. Ever since we've had dogs I've found this soft spot in my heart for animals. Every time I look on KSL and there's a story on animal abuse I get so sad and upset.

And for a softer place in my heart... I can only imagine how I will be once I have kids of my own. From our discussion at lunch today at work (another discussion that I won't go into details)... if anyone ever touched my kids.......There'll be hell to pay and you better hope that there isn't a weapon within my reach!

If for some reason Cole and I never had kids (which we will in time... don't worry) it will because this is such a horrible place to bring a child into. There is so much evil, all the time. We'll do what we can to provide a home that is safe and has a good environment. And I won't let our kids leave our side when we are on vacation, too many horror stories!

Sorry for such a downer of a post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok.. no more department lunches for you! How depressing of a subject animal abuse and child abuse! EHK! I am glad that you didn't go into details... I don't want to bawl my eyes out here at work. I hope you have a much better day steph!

Dustin & Carrie Jenkins said...

Ya, I totally agree with you though, this world is scary, but that's we all have to be strong and provide a safe environment for our children... And I know you will do that!