Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Geez our blog is boring...

Can you tell I haven't been in the mood to post for a while?! So here is our update for the past month or two.


*In our previous post I mentioned Cole and I had our 2 year anniversary. Cole didn't want to do the typical dinner and movie so we decided to do a short get away. We went to Lava Hot Springs for a night to celebrate. On our first anniversary we went to Wendover so who knows... we might have a tradition in the making.
Oh my is this town small!! We went to a little pizza joint for dinner and enjoyed a long night in the hot springs. They were so hot but so relaxing. On the ride home Saturday Cole took me to Grace, Idaho to show me the town he grew up in. It was nice to see the town his family talks about.

*We've been to a couple of Jazz games that have been fun and also not too fun. All I can say is the games are a lot more fun and easier to pay attention to when you have good seats. Thanks to Carrie we were able to sit on the lower bowl for the Memphis game.

*Some of us girls have finally been able to get together for a lunch or movie. My friend Angie had her baby and I hadn't been able to see her yet so we got together for lunch at Olive Garden as usual and at the usual table too.
Last weekend some of us were able to get together to see "He's just not that into you". Thanks for coming girls... It was nice spending time together. Sorry Lauren you weren't able to make it I hope next time you can.
Oh by the way... who is planning the next one?! :-)

*Last Friday (2-20-09) Cole, Griffin, Sadie, Shawn and I went to Brighton to go night skiing and to teach the youngin's how to snowboard. It was an interesting night. I sprained my wrist on the first ride down and spent the rest of the night in the lodge. I wasn't really having fun so honestly I was praying that something would happen to me! :-) Sadie and Griffin seemed to do really well on their first time trying. I hope they will go again. Thanks again Cole for teaching Griffin.

*We were pretty anti-Valentine's this year. The first Valentine we spent together married Cole got me Elli... our cute little (not so little anymore) chocolate lab puppy... and since then he figures he can't beat that so why try right?! We were going to do some window shopping but the weather was so crappy that day that we just went to lunch at Cafe Rio (always good) and just chilled and watched movies the rest of the day. As long as we spent time together that's all that matters.

*Last year for Valentine's Cole gave me a massage gift certificate. Don't ask me what I was thinking but I just barely got around to using it. It was so nice though. I got so sit in a sauna and hot tub for an hour and then had an hour massage. It was great but my back was sore since I asked her to do a deep massage. I think I could go for another one this week! :-)

More to come... hopefully!

2 comments:

VanOrden Family said...

Steph...I'm doing next month!!! Who wants to go get pedicures? I know a couple of places close to me that does them for $25? I thought this would be fun to do just one weeknight! I'll e-mail everyone when we get back from our cruise!!!

Dustin & Carrie Jenkins said...

That sounds fun!! We should do that. Your Valentines sounds like ours, Just were together and watched movies, lol... Im glad that you enjoyed the Jazz Game, And thanks for getting us all together! It's been really fun! And must continue on!! Hope your wrist is better!